About this course
This course has been designed as a follow on to our Beyond the Fundamentals of Digital Photography course, but there’s no prerequisite to have attended that or any other prior course. It is intended to provide you with:
- An introduction to a number of more advanced topics to take your photography even further
- The ability to customise your camera (within the limits of your camera model) to better suit the conditions under which you are shooting
- A number of other topics to help in photo processing
Throughout the course we use examples and exercises to reinforce the topics and to help you build knowledge of your specific camera.
Topics covered on this course
- Custom white balance and using a grey card
- Using flash exposure compensation
- Understanding colour space
- Exposure bracketing
- Altering exposure “on the fly”
- Updating your camera firmware
- Customising your camera
How long is the course?
Courses typically begin at 9am and we aim to finish around midday – but that depends on how many questions delegates ask.
Who is the course suitable for?
This course is suitable for those who have previously attended our Level 3 – Beyond the Fundamentals course and prior courses or who are familiar with the topics covered in them. Ultimately, the course is designed to be fun, informative and to help you take better photographs without using technical jargon.
We welcome delegates of any age, although we do ask that under 18s are accompanied by an adult.
What type of camera do you need?
Any digital camera (compact, compact system, bridge or DSLR). It is best to have your own camera, so that you get to know the controls on your actual equipment. We may be able to loan you a camera for the course – please get in touch if you would like to do this.
Book multiple courses/places and save £££
2 courses/places – save £5 per course/place
3 courses/places – save £10 per course/place
4 or more courses/places – save £15 per course/place
Discounts will be deducted automatically before checkout