About this course
This course has been designed as a follow on to our Fundamentals of Digital Photography course and there’s no prerequisite to have attended that course. It is intended to provide you with:
- A wider understanding of some of the controls your camera offers
- The ability to use those controls to further improve your photography
- An introduction to a number of additional techniques to handle a number of situations
Throughout the course we use examples and exercises so we can reinforce the topics and to help you build knowledge of your specific camera.
Topics covered on this course
- Reviewing images in camera for sharpness and focus
- When to use image stabilisation and when not to
- Manual focus and adjusting the dioptre
- The internal camera light meter
- The concept of stops in photography
- Introducing white balance
- Focus modes for better auto-focus
- Using single shot, burst and timer modes
- Exposure compensation
- A look at light in images including artificial light, natural light, adding and reflecting light
- A look at additional equipment
How long is the course?
Courses typically begin at 9am and we aim to finish around midday, but that depends on how many questions delegates ask.
Who is the course suitable for?
This course is suitable for those who have previously attended our Level 1 – Fundamentals of Digital Photography course or who are familiar with the topics covered there. Ultimately, the course is designed to be fun, informative and to help you take better photographs without using technical jargon.
We welcome delegates of any age, although we do ask that under 18s are accompanied by an adult.
What type of camera do you need?
Any digital camera (compact, compact system, bridge or DSLR), but it is best to bring your own. Becasue using your own you will get to know the controls on your actual equipment. We may be able to loan you a camera for the course, so please get in touch if you would like to do this.
Book multiple courses/places and save £££
2 courses/places – save £5 per course/place
3 courses/places – save £10 per course/place
4 or more courses/places – save £15 per course/place
Discounts will be deducted automatically before checkout