About this course
This course has been designed as an introduction to Digital Photography, so that you can take better photographs and is intended to provide you with:
- A good understanding of the fundamentals of using a digital camera
- An understanding of some key camera controls and what they do and
- The knowledge to bring these elements together to take better photographs
Throughout the course we use examples and exercises so we can reinforce the topics and to help you build knowledge of your specific camera.
Topics covered on this course
- Handling the camera correctly for sharper images
- Familiarisation with camera controls
- Importance of the shutter button
- Composition techniques
- Positioning to take the shot
- Fundamentals of exposure
- Controlling exposure
- ISO, shutter speed and aperture
- Exploring camera modes
- Aperture and shutter priority
- Understanding lenses and focal lengths
- Creativity with depth of field and
- Taking care of your camera
How long is the course?
Courses typically begin at 9am and we aim to finish around midday, but that depends on how many questions delegates ask.
Who is the course suitable for?
This course is suitable for those new to photography or perhaps have just bought their first digital camera. It is also suitable for those who want to get away from the “Auto” setting and take more control of their camera. Ultimately, the course is designed to be fun, informative and to help you take better photographs without using technical jargon.
We welcome delegates of any age, although we do ask that under 18s are accompanied by an adult.
What type of camera do you need?
Any digital camera (compact, compact system, bridge or DSLR), but it is best to bring your own. Becasue using your own you will get to know the controls on your actual equipment. We may be able to loan you a camera for the course, so please get in touch if you would like to do this.
Book multiple courses/places and save £££
2 courses/places – save £5 per course/place
3 courses/places – save £10 per course/place
4 or more courses/places – save £15 per course/place
Discounts will be deducted automatically before checkout